Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CF KTT

Okay, so I haven't been attending CF since forever.

And there are people who actually ask me why.

I've wanted to post about this for such a long time, I just never got around to doing it, but I will now.

So yeah.. I am Catholic. I have been since I was a baby.. And I've always said, I thank God that my parents got me baptised when I was so young, so I didn't have to make a choice myself, which one, Catholic or Protestant?.. Because I believe, as we grow older we're pulled in so many directions by a lot of influences. And anyone reading this, being Catholic, would agree, Protestants can sometimes be aggressive when getting people to join their church. Correct? I OBVIOUSLY don't expect Protestants to agree with me on this point. But I repeat, ANYONE CATHOLIC READING THIS WOULD AGREE.(Or, anyone with Catholic friends.)

My friends have asked me before, to join their churches. And I've always said no. Because I think, we must NEVER EVER forget who we really are. And so, I've always stood firm on this believe, and I'm happy to say I've never been to a Protestant church.

I am happy to be Catholic. I love being Catholic. Which is exactly why I have NOT been attending CF. And most of my Catholic friends haven't, either. Don't get me wrong la, I do have friends who are Protestant. I am NOT against it. I don't think its wrong to be. Its just different from being Catholic.

Protestants, IN MY OPINION, often criticise the way Catholics do things. Example. I've had Protestant friends say our masses are too formal. Too BORING. Just because we don't jump around and shout when we worship. But looking at it from a different perspective, our NOT jumping around, etc etc, just shows that we respect the House of God. We don't shout because we want a quiet atmosphere to praise and worship Him in our hearts. There are other ways to show we worship God. Its just different from how they see things.

I used to think, that we all worship the same God. That we are all the same.. But now I think differently because the way they act is just different from us, and not only that, they don't seem to want to understand why we feel the way we do.

Apostles Creed. There's a line, I believe in the Holy Catholic Church.. And because I recite this all the time, it only makes sense that I follow what I'm reciting, right?.. The Apostles Creed states all that I believe in, its something I live by.

Anyways. Its my own personal decision whether or not to go for CF and I think we all have a right to decide for ourselves. There is really no right or wrong here, its just me expressing my opinion. This is something I feel strongly about. Its not like I think Catholics are BETTER than Protestants, or vice versa. We're all JUST DIFFERENT.

I hope this post doesn't piss anyone off. :P I don't mean to offend anyone. This is a super extremely sensitive issue to talk about, I know.

xoxo karen

2 comments:

  1. "I used to think, that we all worship the same God. That we are all the same.. But now I think differently because the way they act is just different from us, and not only that, they don't seem to want to understand why we feel the way we do."

    Sorry for bugging in. But this is just my opinion. Don't get pissed by anything that I am about to say. ANYWAY. I BELIEVE. I. I BELIEVE. WE ALL. WE ALL. worship the SAME GOD. THE ONE AND ONLY. The only thing that separates us is the way we worship. Even though you're a christian, Jewish, Muslim or whatnot. We are ALL under one God. MY OPINION. call me a heathen or whatever. that's my opinion. and I KNOW, alot will not agree on what I just said. BUT. just follow whatever your religion has taught you. Well, I don't follow everything cos I am not a very.. pious.. man.

    and I don't like it when people insults other religion. Even ppl from my own religion. I mean, what do you know about them?. Not directed to you btw.

    Not gonna reveal my name. Don't want people to chase me around because of this. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, thanks for defending for the behalf of all the catholic. Surely, there will be a solution for all this conflict. The protestant still haven't understand how we catholic, must follow all the ceremony in our masses, the way we worship God. I also agree bout the choices that we can choose, whether we want to attend a particular event, its our right.. Just, please don't bring this kind of matter, in the web, because its too sensitive. No matter catholic or protestant, we still in the same affiliation, which is christian. And just want to quote, protestant who pose the blog(You know who),please don't assume all the people which did not attend the last CF meeting is all the catholic. And even they are, maybe because they have something to do, or problem that they need to face. Don't make untheoryligical conclusion ok....

    ReplyDelete