Monday, January 18, 2010

I am SO indian ;D

Guess what day it is today!

Ponggal. :P haha yeah I didn't know what it was at first, either. I knew the ICS people in KTT were gonna organise some stuff, but still I figured I wouldn't go, I'd go play badminton instead. :D

And then like 2 hours before the thing, Sean decided to pester me to go.

"But I don't have anything to wear!" *high pitched squeal from me*

"Don't worry I'll find you something to wear. Can borrow from one of the Indian girls mah. Either sari or punjabi suit." Oh she sounds so confident despite my many feeble attempts at telling her I can't find a sari that fits me.. (yeah for skinny people only bah..)

And then I found that Narmatha's sari fits me! Thanks Narmatha, it's so gorgeous, I love it *muaks muaks* :D Yeah it was tight, but then everyone's was, even Gebby's and Sean's so I guess its perfectly okay. :D hahahaa.

For those who are not familiar with wearing sari, let me tell you its damn difficult to wear! Consists of a tiny tight little top, that doesn't cover the stomach, and then a skirt, and then a huge long piece of cloth wrapped around the whole body.

And get this, if that piece of cloth unravels then everything falls apart and you'll be left wearing nothing but that tiny top and the skirt underneath which is probably pretty much considered as underwear. :D

Still, the overall effect is gorgeous! Although its tricky to wear on your own (Gebby helped me with mine cos it was my first time wearing) and very hard to walk. I was wearing my wedges and I swear I nearly tripped and fell to my death. :D

I've decided I love wearing sari! Its so ethnic! And beautiful too-the one I borrowed, anyway. And most Indian girls wearing their saris all looked so so amazing!

I would have taken a hell lot of pictures but sadly my camera battery was dying LOL so I didn't, but I did take a few! :)


Kolam, am I right? :P coloured rice-PRETTY.:)

Some of the dancers- they were so pretty OMG :P


Yeah I acknowledge that my hair's a mess (it was really really hot today okayy) and I am badly in need of re-dying my hair. I'm gonna do it in around 2 weeks like that.. ;D



Nader, her punjabi suit was nice, black and gold, kinda reminds me of Kadazan outfit *wink*

With a bunch of my friends, Pavitra's sari is so bright, hehee.




Gebby the lovely girl who helped me wear the sari :D


Mark, Gebby and me

With bestie Qiqi ;D


Sean and I at her house, before we went downstairs HAHA I was lauging at something I guess.


I like this one, we all look so ethnic and none of us are even Indian :D


Yeah. I have more pictures but I am getting kinda malas to upload already, so these will have to do for now. :P hee.

xoxo karen







5 comments:

  1. woah~ so fast upload already lol~ really efficient bah~ haha~ u look lovely with d saree oh ( i mean u look lovely every single day but today is much more lovely~ ) haha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice!!!
    two thumbs up for karen...(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaa thanks qiqi compliments from you are so rare, im gonna remember this one :D haha oh and thanks maeggy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen~ you look gorgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwww thanks nat! *teary* hehe :P

    ReplyDelete