Sunday, June 7, 2009

Helloo, life with straight hair. :D

OMG
! I am seriously freaking exhausted today. :( again! haha. Ironic though, cos today I spent pretty much all day sitting in a chair. I got my already somewhat straight hair rebonded today. :3 My Godbrother Dives did it for me, he's amazingly good at anything involving hair.. and he did a great job with my hair. :3 Straightening my short shoulder length hair took a mind-blowing, butt-cramping, agonizing 5 HOURS. :O the whole time, I had to sit in the same chair and try not to fall asleep. :S Not that I could easily fall asleep.. The chair was horribly uncomfortable, my hair reeked of ammonia, and my butt hurt. :'( lolx. An "insane medieval torture" as Samson puts it. :) hehe.

Let's see. This is for the benefit of you few people who have NOT done anything to your hair yet, what I like to call, virgin hair. XD To be honest, before today I had virgin hair too. I have never dyed, permed, rebonded, bleached or done ANYTHING other than cut and wash my hair at a hair salon. XD So anyways, today I pretty much kissed goodbye to healthy hair. Dives told me that once hair is rebonded, the whole strand of hair is dead. Yes, DEAD. It may LOOK alive and healthy, but looks can be decieving. XD so I am now going around with a headful of fabulous, shiny, super-straight strands of DEAD HAIR. :X

So why did it take 5 hours? Lets see. first off, he washed my hair, and then dried it. Then he cut and layered and basically thinned out my hair. It took FOREVER. :X but then, he knows more about hair than I do. :D and then comes the smelly part. A whole tube of Lo'real rebonding cream was used on my head. IT SMELLED BAD. Dives very kindly told me it was ammonia. :P But really, while Lo'real may be more expensive, I think its better to spend a little more money and get it done right, than to use some chep cream and have it go horribly wrong. :X this cream is to open up the pores of my head and soften it. Basically, the chemicals kill and totally dry out my hair. And it was BORING cos I had to wait a whole 80 MINUTES for the chemicals to seep in. o_O

And then.. 80 minutes later... (80 MINUTES!!) He washes everything out. and once again dries my hair. And then comes the hot iron. He pulls each strand of hair straight with the iron. It only vaguely hurts because my hair was kinda straight to begin with. And after all was pulled, comes another kind of lotion. This one smells good, its cold, and it only takes 15 minutes! It's to close up my pores. :) lolx.

after THAT, he once again rinses out my hair and once again dries it. And finally, I'M DONE! a whole headful of dead hair for my enjoyment. :) The whole thing cost me RM 180. and as i look at myself in the mirror, I think I like how I look. dead hair and all. :) Dives says it turned out better than he expected. and he described my newly straightened hair as silk! :D haha. well, I hope you other virgin hair people enjoyed that GRAPHIC description of everything. :D hehe. The procedure is actually a LOT more boring than it sounds. Yes, that bad. :X

YAY! I have pretty straight hair! :)

xoxo karen


No comments:

Post a Comment