Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm so sorry!

I wanted to post you a happy birthday wish yesterday! But I was so caught up in the event last night, I simply had no time. I'm sorry!

So anyways. Here goes. (better late than never right)

This is the 2nd year I'm not celebrating your birthday with you. And really only God knows how much I wish I could. But anyways I'm happy you finally received my present! (just as I was starting to curse Poslaju :P)

Most of all I thank you for constantly being there. I can safely say you are my inspiration, you are my idol and in my eyes really you are my hero. :D I remember all the smallest most insignificant memories. Like how you taught me to ride a bike. All the island trips, the long long rides up to Kundasang and Kudat. And of course, you even taught me to drive a car :)

When I was younger I constantly fought with you. I remember clearly how I would rebel for no other reason than to just piss you off. I was the worst kid, seriously, I know I was, but still you were always there. You, with the lame jokes only a dad could tell. With the fierce protectiveness of his only daughter. I used to think it was so embarrassing to not be able to go out like all my other friends were able to. Its only now I finally realise its not me you don't trust, but the people out there with bad intentions you just can't protect me from.

I remember all the lessons you taught me, mostly by example. Like how I should never forget where I come from, and how I should treat everyone equally regardless of their race or religion or status in society. I remember how you would give money to that homeless man near IS. It touched me that you could be so caring to a complete stranger.

And I remember how I called home crying last year because I was so disappointed at my physics results. And you were so calm, you didn't yell nor tell me I was stupid (although I obviously was) you just told me that you believed in me, that I could do it. I cannot even say how much that meant to me at the time.

For the smallest things. Buying me food after school when I was in IS. I miss those long drives home stuck in traffic. I miss changing the radio station in the car and cranking up the volume to annoy you. And of course, it touches me that you are the only person in the world who calls me beautiful and gorgeous and probably means it. :)

I could go on and on and on because the memories in my head are so crowded! You are a big part of my life and you always will be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a daddy's girl.

So here's to you, daddy. Happy birthday! again. I love you, xoxo.

ren (:

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really touching! I bet he would really be touched! So what did you get him in the end? A bedazzled shuttlecock? XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post. I hope he reads this. sounds like you are a daddy's girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope he reads it too. :) HAHA he used to read my blog but i guess he got bored. :P anyways. I photoshopped a pic and gave it to him. cos i was outta ideas. And being the awesome dad he is, he liked it anyways. :D

    ReplyDelete